Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

My exercise for the year..

The other day we took an epic hike from  Mui Wo (Lantau Island, Hong Kong) to Discovery Bay. I'm pretty positive there were over a thousand steps to climb, which might not sound like a lot, but man was I sore the next day.. I would definitely recommend it if you're interested in seeing some beautiful sights, but if you aren't in shape (like us) it takes about 3 hours. We trekked up the mountain and first saw a 180 degree view of Mui Wo Pier: 

It was cloudy and overcast but made it really nice weather to hike in


My brother and I after the first flight of stairs.. unaware of the hundreds more to come

And of course I had to photograph the lovely flowers along the way... 

I love the bright and natural beauty of these local flowers (no editing done)


Stairs... after stairs... after stairs... after stairs. 

We walked through a couple villages:

It was interesting to see the disparity between these villages and Discovery Bay (below). The people who live in Discovery Bay are mostly expats (people from Western countries that come to work & live abroad) and live in nice apartments or house boats. It felt like we were invading these peoples' homes as we walked through their villages because the path went straight through their houses. 


Two hours later....


And we could see our destination! 

After a whole 3 hours of walking, we came to the pier at Discovery Bay, tired and ready to eat and rest: 



Whats the longest hike you've ever gone on??

xoxo,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment