Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy 4th!


This year my family and I showed my boyfriend CJ how we celebrate the 4th (he’s from Australia). We spent the day shooting hoops and grilling some delicious hamburgers and Oscar Meyer Turkey hot dogs- I’m not usually a fan of hot dogs, but these ones were pretty good! Not to mention, CJ is obsessed! He tells me on a regular basis that he is crazing hot dogs.. 

After dinner we headed to my best friend Bri's house for some tasty desserts including a fruit pizza (which Chris and I put together RECIPE HERE) and some beautifully patriotic decorated strawberries (idea from Pinterest). 

Due to the ban on basically any kind of outdoor fires, we got creative and roasted marshmallows over the stove (which to my surprise worked a charm, see above). Our smores were AMAZING! A great idea for making smores on a rainy day; just be careful not to let the marshmallows fall onto the stove. All in all, a successful & fun 4th of July! 


What are your 4th of July traditions??  



xoxo
Kirsten 





No comments:

Post a Comment