Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!




Yay! The day of delicious and abundant food is finally here!! I have been eagerly awaiting the garlic mashed potatoes and 3 cheese artichoke dip that will be consumed shortly! Although I can DEFINITELY say I am thankful for the food, I am also thankful for many other things:
  • Despite the hard work and standing for 9 hours, I am thankful that I have a job and get paid so I can save money, make my car payments, and go to the movies
  • I am thankful for family and having people that I can spend the holidays with and be myself around
  • I am thankful for the opportunities that I have had to travel and see the world; different perspectives, different cultures, and different sights
  • I am thankful that I have a high school diploma and a college degree 
  • I am thankful for my friends who encourage me, who listen to me, and who laugh & cry with me
  • I am thankful for warm weather and the sun that shines
  • Despite my strong dislike of the cold, I am thankful for the beautiful and unique snowflakes that fall ever so softly and create a blanket of snow
  • I am thankful for warm cups of tea and hot chocolate when it's freezing 
But most of all.... I am thankful for a Savior who gives me life; who chose to sacrifice His in order to forgive me and give me immense GRACE that I could never earn. I am thankful for a Savior who unconditionally loves me and is always with me; who gives me hope for a future spent in eternity with Him. I am thankful for the encouragement of my church body and the people who have invested time in me and loved and cared about me. I am thankful for times of worship, music, and teaching. 

When I was reading verses about Thanksgiving, I came across Psalm 100:4-5. This is such a good reminder of what our response to God should look like on a daily basis; giving thanks for His never-ending love and faithfulness.

Psalm 100:4-5  
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever, His faithfulness continues through all generations

Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving :)


No comments:

Post a Comment